Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vox AC4TV Cabinet Conversion

I really like where you have gone with this project, Mark. Very unique and personal and an audio tool that will be great for so many situations where a small rig is the best choice.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks guys!

It's been a fun project. I'll have another update coming this evening or tomorrow. I plugged it up today and played for several hours. I used a Strat, Tele and doublecut with humbuckers. Each one brought out a different vibe. I really like the voice of the Vox 4 watter thru a 12" vs the factory 10" speaker. The open back cab seems to mellow out the boxiness of the original closed back cab. I really wish this little monster had reverb, but I can get that and alot more from my pedalboard. I'll post some sound clips soon.

Peace,
    Mark
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

A little more progress today. I got the AC socket mounted and mounted the chasis in the head cab. Also attached the rear panel. And wiped on a thin coat of Tru Oil...just for fun.

I set the chasis on top of the cab so I would have a bit more working room. I lined it all up, making sure I was centered and then marked and drilled the holes fo the chasis screws.

I added kleats for the rear panel and bolted in the chasis...lined up very nicely.

Then I just set the front panel in place to check my alignment. All good so far.

"Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

All buttoned up...

Then I wiped on the Tru Oil. I'm really happy with the way it makes the figure pop...very little effort compared to dying and sanding back.

Lots of sanding and finish work left.

Peace,
    Mark

Looks great Mark.

BTW: You should definitely hop on over to the new Musical Instruments forum - your wisdom and experience along with the other really knowledeable guys already posting would really help the forum take off.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Fox View Post
    Looks great Mark.

BTW: You should definitely hop on over to the new Musical Instruments forum - your wisdom and experience along with the other really knowledeable guys already posting would really help the forum take off.
    Thanks Larry. I'll give it a look.

Peace,
    Mark

I made some good progress this evening...about to get it wrapped up. Just some sanding and finishing left to take care of.

Peace,
    Mark

That really is sweet, Mark. And I suspect the sound is, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...