Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Grizzly thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    phone books
    What's a phone book?

I solved that problem by moving. So far they haven't found me so I'm saved from that annoyance. In any case their catalog would go in the round file when I received it. After being disappointed by their mediocre machines there was no point in looking further.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    What's a phone book?
    That's the thing under one leg of the coffee table I made in high school

4. [QUOTE=Montgomery Scott;1581033]So far they haven't found me so I'm saved from that annoyance.QUOTE]

We're not looking!

Baaahhhahhhahahahaa!

lol, I just wish I lived closer to a Griz location

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Clark View Post
    David,
    You read that whole thing in the bathroom? I got just one piece of advice: More fiber in your diet my friend!
    Solve the entire problem. Eat the catalog.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I actually love the metalworking tools section too.

See the thing is, the metalworking tools represent excellent leverage in the price relativity game. "See my dearest most beautiful and talented and sweet-smelling wife, if I was into that metalworking stuff, a decent, middle of the road South Bend lathe would run me $16,250 plus juice for shipping. In reality, this decent, middle of the road 20" planer I'm looking at is a real bargain at $2295. That's why I'm a woodworker dearest sweet snookums - it's much less expensive, and I can build you furniture while achieving mental peace and a more pleasant disposition."

She's entirely too smart to buy my line of crap, but I have to try anyway and the Grizzly catalog enables my efforts.

Good for you Shiraz!

Montgomery, ya kinda asked for that one. It wasn't in the "spirit" of the thread...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    I became more and more surprised as I dug deeper into the catalog. Guitar equipment? I guess I see luthiers using the same tools, so I suppose I can live with that. Gun stuff... Ooookaaaaayyyyyy. Then I hit the surfboard stuff and went "What the...?!"

It's a very interesting collection, and therein lies one of the problems with it. For someone like me who has project/tool ADD, it's like throwing gas on the fire. I see new things to try, and new ways to try them.

Shiraz, you have one of the more unique collections of hobbies I've seen in a long time, a man after my own heart (head?). I'm envious of your position being that close to so many great toys (and the mindset to use them).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I became more and more surprised as I dug deeper into the catalog. Guitar equipment? I guess I see luthiers using the same tools, so I suppose I can live with that. Gun stuff... Ooookaaaaayyyyyy. Then I hit the surfboard stuff and went "What the...?!"

It's a very interesting collection, and therein lies one of the problems with it. For someone like me who has project/tool ADD, it's like throwing gas on the fire. I see new things to try, and new ways to try them.

Shiraz, you have one of the more unique collections of hobbies I've seen in a long time, a man after my own heart (head?). I'm envious of your position being that close to so many great toys (and the mindset to use them).
    I've seen his guitars in person when I filled a temp position. They are impressive.
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

[QUOTE=Shiraz Balolia;1581102]
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery Scott View Post
    So far they haven't found me so I'm saved from that annoyance.QUOTE]

We're not looking!
    Zing!! ha ha ha

My in-laws are staying with us for a bit, father in law being a die maker opened the catalog the other day and now has both a lathe and a knee mill picked out for the shop going up at the next house. Says I need to "stop playing with that wood stuff and get some real equipment". Guess to him that means metal working...

Shiraz got me again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    No kidding. Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants to see Shiraz post a shop tour.

Blog Entries
    Lee, funny you should mention a shop tour. I sent Shiraz an email a few weeks back asking for that very thing. No reply on it (yet?), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed If it's of the PA store, I'm happy to drive a couple of hours to check it out... and if I bring the Cube and not the Z, I may be forced to come home with a toy or two in the process...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5