Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SawMill Creek Swap Meet May 14th, 2005

More SMC SwapMeet News

If you will read my first post in this thread I have added an announcemet concerning companies who are offering to donate drawing prizes for our SwapMeet. We will publish a web page with all of the news concerning the SwapMeet very soon and list the companies and the prizes that have been donated.

Additionally MicroJig is willing to do another "Bulk Buy" of anything in their product line. We can arrange to have MicroJig ship directly to us any one of their products at the same discount we were offered in our FreeStuff Bulk Buy we did last year. If you missed the MicroJig deal you will have another chance...but you will have to attend the SwapMeet to pick up your products, we will not be shipping MicroJigs this time.

Thumbs up

I will be there. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. It will be nice to be around folks who speak the same language, 9 times out of 10 my wife has no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to woodworking.

Andy

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Haynes
    It will be nice to be around folks who speak the same language, 9 times out of 10 my wife has no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to woodworking.
    Andy
    You should have married one who was bilingual instead of a pretty one then

Finally!

A WWing function within an easy driving distance! I will be there, provided the BT is not closed by an errant freighter or somesuch nonsense.

The SawpMeet is shaping up nicely and we are adding to the list of vendors who are donating prizes almost every day. Now I need volunteers for demonstrations. Anyone willing to help me out?

Nine Companies Have Offered Prizes

The list of companies who are donating prizes for our SwapMeet is growing. Please review the first post in this thread for the details and don't forget to drop me an email with your name and address if you plan to attend. Your email message will be printed and used for our drawings. If you don't send me an email then you won't have a chance to win.

OK how far from Hagerstown, MD, Keith... I am just off RT 81.. it takes me an hour to get to Winchester VA... sounds like a fun time...
    Tom Mullane
    Hagerstown, MD
    If you work with your hands you are a laborer
    If you work with your hands and head you are a craftsmwn
    If you work with your hands, head and heart you are an artist

Tom,

It's about another 4 hours from Winchester. Hope you can make it.

Jackie Outten

We are planning to attend the swap meet. I would like to bring some items to donate to sawmill that could be sold, possibly at a donation booth. Maybe others would bring items to help out also.
    Earl

Just wondering- are future swap meets going to be in VA or are you guys planning to rotate around the country? The reason I ask is that I would really like to go but the distance is a little hard to swing right now. However, if a swap meet was organized for somewhere closer, I would be all over it.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

Ernie,

Any Member of SawMill Creek can host an SMC SwapMeet and we will do everything we can to support the effort. In time we hope to see official SMC sponsored events all over the country...even the left coast

The drive from Alabama might not seem so long if you join us and win one of the drawing prizes

We will have more information to share concerning prizes in the very near future.

Am I missing something? Is there a location established for the meet? Address? Or is this only obtained via email?

I was just in Yorktown/W'burg yesturday. A "quick" one day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lewis
    Am I missing something? Is there a location established for the meet? Address? Or is this only obtained via email?

I was just in Yorktown/W'burg yesturday. A "quick" one day trip.

The first post in this thread contains all of the location and date information for the Swap Meet. (Gloucester County, Virginia)

Here is a list of nearby Hotels and Motels, courtesy of Mapquest.

For those who want to stay in a really nice Bed and Breakfast rich in history, check out the Inn at Warner Hall. I've played there (on piano) for a number of different occasions, but have no commercial affiliation. It's about 10 minutes away.

For the actual address to the event, email Keith Outten. Keith is working on posting a page with pertinent information soon.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Ernie,

Any Member of SawMill Creek can host an SMC SwapMeet and we will do everything we can to support the effort. In time we hope to see official SMC sponsored events all over the country...even the left coast

The drive from Alabama might not seem so long if you join us and win one of the drawing prizes

We will have more information to share concerning prizes in the very near future.
    Yeah, I know it is doable, since several folks are making a longer drive than that. However, I am already driving east for a brother-in-law's graduation a few weeks later and my work schedule the first part of May is pretty full.

Is there any chance that Ken would be interested in getting something together in the Huntsville, AL area? Maybe Nashville or somewhere this area? I'd be glad to help out.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

While I don't post on this site very often.... I'm always up for a good road trip. All I need is directions. Hope to be able to make it.