Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I renewed my membership. Did you?

I renewed my membership. Did you?

A new right of passage for me is renewing my membership the Sawmill Creek as one of the first things I do on January 1st.

Where else can you bond with other woodworkers, learn of the latest jig, tip, or technique, while sharing in your own trials and tribulations?

Please take a minute to renew your membership, start a membership, or give a membership as a gift.

Happy New Sawmill Creek Year!

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Thank you, Frank!

Contributor renewals are now notified automatically based on the month they joined since the automatic accounting capablity was installed by Keith and Aaron. But it's always nice when someone steps up at any time to renew just because they want to.

Happy New Year!

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yup.

Rick Potter

Nope. Mine expires in September. But after my rant in Lumberyard , I tossed in part of my expiring FWW subscription as an added contribution. I figured I could consider that as an offering laid on the altar of the Angel of No Kickback. Been working well for the past week. Highly recommended.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Done!.................

I'm set for another year.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Gotta say that it was the best 6 bucks I've ever spent!!! I just happened to stumble over this site... wow... it's like I found a pot of gold!!! This is my first post but I'm sure you'll start hearing lots from me - all questions, no doubt. There's so much knowledge to be had here - for 6 bucks a year??? You can't even buy a magazine for that much anymore. I'm lovin' it! (hope micky dee's doesn't come after me)

--Bobby

Welcome to the Creek, Bobby! Glad to have you aboard and feel free to ask as many question as possible...we all learn!!

Thanks for the membership plug, Frank!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

For the first time since I joined, I feel kind of naked without a "contributor" up by my name. While $6.00 won't change the monthly balance sheet much, at this time, money which isn't putting food on the table or a roof over our head is highly restricted. A new woodworking store opened up less than two-miles away and I haven't even gone over to look. The good news is that I haven't felt the need to sell any tools.

My best wishes to the Creek, but no money for now.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    For the first time since I joined, I feel kind of naked without a "contributor" up by my name. While $6.00 won't change the monthly balance sheet much, at this time, money which isn't putting food on the table or a roof over our head is highly restricted. A new woodworking store opened up less than two-miles away and I haven't even gone over to look. The good news is that I haven't felt the need to sell any tools.

My best wishes to the Creek, but no money for now.
    Luckily, you live near many, many miles of forests with free wood just lying around. I just found a Woodcraft within 30 minutes of my house, and it's hard not to go in there, but I know I have to stay away. I finally understand how my wife feels when we go to the mall.

I either didn't get notified or missed the message about my subscription here expiring and I had reverted to the dark lands of Member status. Auto Paypal monthly pmts solves that problem and DOUBLES my contribution to SMC. I find it worth much more than any of the several WW magazines I get.

My notification went straight to my spam blocker. I discovered it by accident and renewed right away.

I'm still good for a while.

But this brings up a question. Keith, I don't know what type of business model you have if any, or outside financing. But if you do and it is like most that is based on projections for the following fiscal year, would renewing early throw a wrinkle into it?

If you projected X amount at certain times, (say quarterly) and that amount was then off set by early renews would that affect you? Also tax implications as well possibly as federal tax I know is based on quarterly projections.

if not great, Will renew mine then now, if not will wait and do it when it comes due.

Also if it does, could we get a Donation button (if there isn't one) just for the "added" donations some would like to make at random?

I did

It's a birthday present to myself so to speak

The Best Informational Site Ever...

and love the off topic forum where we can really connect to others! It's so worth it to renew! Thanks to all you folks who run this and moderate!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis