Thread: LF: Small(er) 1000 CFM dust collector

LF: Small(er) 1000 CFM dust collector

I'm looking for options in dust collection, 1000 CFM or better for single-machine use (4''). The catch is that it needs to be portable and smallish for storage as I'm working in a non-dedicated, single-car garage with 8' ceilings. I plan on upgrading to a fixed cyclone when I get the chance but I'm renting at the moment and I really just don't have the space.

Hi Graham, 400 CFM is about it for a 4" duct, inflated claims by manufacturers to the contrary.

I would select a unit with a cartridge filter as opposed to a bag, perhaps a used one could be found near your location.

Regards, Rod.

Go used

I'm with Rod on getting something used. If you plan on upgrading to a cyclone at some point, there is no reason to stick a lot of money into it now. Find something cheap that you might be able to fix up or put a Wynn cartridge filter on and call it good.

Chuck

Thanks guys. The manufacturer states 1000-1200 CFM on my TS but only provides a 4" collection port. Sigh. There are a few on craigslist locally but the prices are out-of-line with the current sale prices from busy bee / grizzly. I'm not usually one for buying cheap tools but a few years of hobbyist/weekend duty is all I'm really looking for out of this.

Graham, where are you located ?
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired