Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Exhaust Scrubber

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Defert View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I too am in the planning and building stages of an exhast scrubber. However I draw a blank look where ever I ask about activated charcoal.

The prefilters are simple furnace filters for particulates and it was suggested to use activated charcoal hood range filters for odour. But you guys are talking about ordering charcoal and installing it into the chamber box by thickness and or weight. Could someone please elaborate on the " charcoal "

I do quantities of plastic and would like to reduce /eliminate the smell component of my exhaust as it vents outside.

Thanks in advance .... Frank
    General Carbon
    973-523-2223
    c-30 Activated Carbon
    55#, $120 with shipping
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Digby View Post
    I'll top load the filters with 25 pounds of activated charcoal when it arrives this afternoon.
    Where did you get the charcoal? I have a Trotec Speedy 2 and the filters need replaced. Trotec wants approx $450 for each. I was thinking I could just replace the charcoal without buying it from Trotec. It has a thin sheet of filter material on top of the charcoal under the grid and I wasn't sure what to use to replace that.

The big filter I will have to get from Trotec. I have airhosed it to extend its life but it needs replaced now.

Randy / George,

Thanks for your replies and the great thread!

Frank
    Epilog Helix 35W, Corel Draw 12

I got my charcoal from McMaster Carr. George got a better price from General Carbon and he has the contact info in his post.
    Trotec Speedy 100 30W
    CorelDraw 2023
    EngraveLab 9
    Sublimation
    MillRight CNC Power Route Plus
    Duct Tape
    WD40