Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jewelery box gift

yep, really nice
    fledgling weekend warrior

Nice set-up and shop, Jim. That is really a nice router set-up. I use a homemade fence and table cabinet which works. I love my Incra miter gauge and telescope fence to 49" but the router talbe system is a bit out of my price range as I had to retire 1 1/2 years early and work a budget until October when I officially retire. The wife is retired from the State and all is paid for so when I got laid off in 2007 I just decided enough is enough.

Regards from L'ville...

Sarge..

Jewelry Box Gift

Thanks for the comments, Sarge. I surely do like my router table set up and it was not really that expensive. I bought the basic cabinet on sale from a guy in Nova Scotia for only about $25 more than I would have paid for the materials locally, added the drawer stack from scrap birch ply and walnut trim. The top I built from 2 layers of MDF but had to buy 1- 4X8 sheet of Formica Micro Dot Laminate. Obviously the most expensive part of the entire system is the INCRA equipment. I also really like my INCRA miter 1000se that I plan to retrofit with the 49" fence. Thanks for your interest and come see us. Jim

That is beautiful, I hope to be able to do that quality work someday.

I think you will find the 49" fence a major plus, Jim. I do mainly large carcass work and do work with quite a bit of lenghthy stock. I'm just finishing a hutch for a compter desk that the cross components are around 56" long. I had to stop and make a sacrificial fence 60" long by laminating two pieces of birch ply together to avoid flex. So.. even 49" comes up short some days with large carcass.

BTW.. I picked it up from the Incra web-site on sale for $54 I believe and it was rather easy to retro-fit to my cheaper V 27 gauge. I intentionally got the cheaper V 27 as I can make sacrificial fences of any lenght in under 20 minutes and don't regret that call.

Have a good day as mine is mixed.. usually get to the shop by noon and sometimes stay until 11 PM. But.. I saw the Toro mower had been wheeling in front of my TS this morning when I went down to the shop for something. That is my tell that "she" wants the yard mown without having to say one word. Amazing how two people can get to know each other so well.....

Sarge..

Jim very nice work ! Im going to attempt to build some jewelry boxes soon. I just hope its half as nice as your. Thanks for posting and pics came through very nice.
    Buddy