Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5hp Unisaw - what do I need

Consider using a static converter to get your three-phase. They're considerably less expensive than other converters. The downside is that they don't deliver the full motor power, but most of us do just fine without 5 hp in our cabinet saws.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tls/1094798773.html

Decided to pass... will probably kick myself in the future. But with the current state of the economy BS, I decided to hold onto my pennies. Will still buy things I don't have yet rather than replace things I do have with better. Learning restraint and fiscal responsibility.

Anyway, above is the link for anyone in the Phx area who would want this one. Not sure if it is still available but if it is, try and get it for $200 and let me know what a great deal I passed up on.

Jon

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The RT-31 is not a "Unisaw". It's an 12" industrial table saw (panel saw and sometimes with a slider) and was available with a scoring setup when using a 10" blade.
    Yep, see post #12.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Prouty View Post
    Decided to pass... will probably kick myself in the future.....I decided to hold onto my pennies.....Learning restraint and fiscal responsibility.....try and get it for $200 and let me know what a great deal I passed up on.
    Jon
    Well Jon, during *times like these* you won't find any better bargains on quality machinery. The RT41 has been sold, and I hope it went to a *good home* instead of being scarfed up by an entrepreneur who will truck it to a different market and sell it easily for FOUR times what they paid!

Any day I can buy equipment of this caliber for such a pittance, it's a better investment than gold bullion!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Well Jon, during *times like these* you won't find any better bargains on quality machinery. The RT41 has been sold, and I hope it went to a *good home* instead of being scarfed up by an entrepreneur who will truck it to a different market and sell it easily for FOUR times what they paid!

Any day I can buy equipment of this caliber for such a pittance, it's a better investment than gold bullion!
    I think you are right there. One day when the only retailer left is the Borg or Amazon, these quality items will be treasures.