Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weiser Workshop Part 1

Oregon is a beautiful state for sure, but be cognizant of what you getting into.

It is the only state in the union that still has a state wide 55 mph speed limit. Interestingly, the state legislature has passed new limits increasing the limits into the 60s, but for some reason, ODOT hasn't implemented it.

You are not permitted to pump your own gasoline, it MUST be done by an attendant. Can you say higher gas prices? Of course you can go to an Indian reservation, and pump it yourself....

No sales tax, but a notable income tax.

Left over hippies from the 60s, both good and bad, your choice.

The state legislature is considering a bill to ban Pit Bull dogs from the state.

One of the 'back to nature' communities refuse to have their children vaccinated against childhood diseases. Poor kids....

Like WC Fields said, women are like elephants. They are nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one. That is my take on Oregon. It is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. (I don't ski, and too many left wing crazies...)

Our son and family live in Redmond, and work in Bend.

PS, if I did decide to live in Oregon, it would be in Newport or Coos Bay.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock View Post
    Oregon is a beautiful state for sure, but be cognizant of what you getting into.

It is the only state in the union that still has a state wide 55 mph speed limit. Interestingly, the state legislature has passed new limits increasing the limits into the 60s, but for some reason, ODOT hasn't implemented it.

You are not permitted to pump your own gasoline, it MUST be done by an attendant. Can you say higher gas prices? Of course you can go to an Indian reservation, and pump it yourself....

No sales tax, but a notable income tax.

Left over hippies from the 60s, both good and bad, your choice.

The state legislature is considering a bill to ban Pit Bull dogs from the state.

One of the 'back to nature' communities refuse to have their children vaccinated against childhood diseases. Poor kids....

Like WC Fields said, women are like elephants. They are nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one. That is my take on Oregon. It is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. (I don't ski, and too many left wing crazies...)

Our son and family live in Redmond, and work in Bend.

PS, if I did decide to live in Oregon, it would be in Newport or Coos Bay.
    I am not going to turn this into an argument to attempt to defend Oregon, but don't give people the wrong impression. I was just on I-5, and the speed limit is 65. Also gas prices are not higher here than other places. I paid 2.07 for regular the other day, and that is not much of an increase from where I used to live. Maybe .02 cents here or there.

And in response to my father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Weiser View Post
    You all need to careful how much of my son's enthusiasm you take to heart. This workshop has already taken a backseat to a HUGE "honeydo" list. No telling how long that will all take. Maybe my GRANDCHILDREN will finish it...
    We are actually going to start here really soon. He just doesn't know that YET! Love ya dad!