Thread: Oneida V3000 on the way!

Smile Oneida V3000 on the way!

After much research and asking a lot of questions I've finally ordered an Oneida V3000. The Recession Buster package they're offering comes with a HEPA filter that seemed too small. I talked to the owner of Wynn Environmental, and he said I would be fine with the standard filter that normally comes with the V3000. It is a larger filter than the HEPA one included in the package deal. I talked the Oneida sales rep into substituting the cheaper spunbond filter in place of the more expensive HEPA filter but was unable to get any price break. Oh well! I probably should have ordered a Clear vue, but I didn't want to do the extra work to get it set up. I was also concerned about the noise level and wanted to be able to move the cyclone around a little until I figure out where everything will work best in my shop. Thanks for all your help with this decision. I'll let you know how the V3000 does when I get it.

You can pretty much bet that the filtration sizing that Oneida specifies and supplies is pretty optimal for the system...outside of that internal filter years ago in the small 1.5hp system. Oneida filters really flow well in my experience. Unless, of course, you overfill the bin and impact the filter with blow-by. But that's an operator error...

Congrats on your new cyclone!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Oneida

you can take a look at my post here somewhere, just did the same with a supergorilla for my shop and it was Wynn filters that I went with 2 in fact. the flow is about 1800 SCFD and when I started the system it was like a cleaning all on its own I cycled the gated and got about 10 gal of left overs our of the current ducting .
    You wuill love the Onerda mine is a lot quieter than the wood tek I had.
    Congratulations
    Bill

Congrats David. Mine actually arrived today. I must say they pack these things really well. I won't be using it for some time as I still am at the beginning stages of finishing my shop so for now it sits in the corner.

Tony
    Tony

"Soldier On"

Thanks, guys. The cyclone is supposed to be here Thursday.

I have one. Works great!

I have one as well. Build a little stand to rest the cyclone on when you clamp it together. You will not regret the extra effort. The clamp system is cheesy but otherwise it has been working very well.

Any feedback on these units? Noise level and performance?

I just ordered the same package but asked to retain the std filter also. The HEPA unit had significantly less filter area. Unfortunatly, they have a 2 week back log now. I'm using the time remake all the ports on my machines and have taken down all the existing ducting.

Thumbs up Oneida V3000 update

I've sucked up a lot of chips and sawdust with my V3000 and have found only a very, very thin layer of fine dust in the pan under the filter. I think the cyclone does a great job. The suction is strong. I'm using the 20" piece of 5" flex hose which I'm sure isn't optimal, but I don't have any ductwork installed yet. The V3000 is a great improvement over the 2 hp Ace dust collector I did have ( the kind where the blower sits on top of a 55 gal. drum ). When assembling the unit I cut out two pieces of wood that matched the curvature of the blower housing. I attached each piece to a 3' long 2x2. I connected the pieces together, one on each side of the blower housing using a couple of 2x4s and screws. Me and a friend were able to then lift the blower housing and motor up onto the top of the cyclone. I couldn't have done it by myself. Overall I'm very satisfied with my cyclone.

I noticed the HEPA is .3 micron and the standard "cheaper" filter is .2 micron. What gives?

I know is been a while but how do you like your V3000 after having it for a few years?