Thread: Compressor Settlement - Reminder

Compressor Settlement - Reminder

All

Just a reminder about the Air Compressor settlement. Claims are due by 21 October, 2004.

Summary:
    Campbell Hausfeld, DeVilbiss Air Power Co., Ingersoll-Rand Co., and Coleman Powermate, Inc. were defendants in a class action suit and reached a settlement without admitting liability. The Plaintiffs allege that the compressors were labeled improperly and misrepresented the horsepower of the electric motors.

If you bought an air compressor between 1 August, 1996 and 31 January 2004, you are most likely eligible for compensation from this settlement since the compressors were sold under a variety of names. There is a list of the eligible units on the site:
    http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com

Action:
    Claims are due in by 21 October 2004. If you haven’t filed yours you can do so by going to the site and using the link on the left hand side. Depending on the compressor model you purchased, you may be entitled to a credit toward future purchases or free products worth up to $50.

This was discussed earlier this year in a previous thread.

Ted

Thank you, Ted, for the reminder. I thought I had checked this before and found that I didn't qualify but I see Craftsman clearly labeled there so I'll see if I can get me some stuff or mulah!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks for the reminder

I have the paperwork around here somewhere--------

Guess I'll just go back to the link you provided and do it again. Easier than finding the paperwork.

I have two compressors that will fit the bill here.

Steve

Are there any lawsuits against manufacturers of power tools for false HP claims? Nearly all router manufacturers and everything made by craftsman should be in the same boat!
    Dennis

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh
    Are there any lawsuits against manufacturers of power tools for false HP claims? Nearly all router manufacturers and everything made by craftsman should be in the same boat!
    Dennis -<br>
    None that I am aware of. However, I was in Sears the other day and noticed that they have scaled back the HP claims on the new models of power tools. Maybe a preemptive move. The claims are now actually in the ball park for Amps @ Voltage = Power.

Regards,
    Ted

Wow... I did not know about this. I better check my 1 gallon colman.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

I checked it out - I don't think my compressor will count - it's 240v and they state 120v in the phone message. I put it in so I guess we'll see.

Wes

I did not know about the suit until I read about it on your thread, I have a Craftsman 2 stage 3.5 HP compressor that seems to fit the profile. I sent the notice to the listed URL ond I hope that I get some renumeration. I don't know if my compressor qualifies but I joined SMC today to say Thank You for your timely advice.
    Ron
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-03-2004 at 7:58 AM.

Welcome

Ron -

Welcome to the Creek! Great place to hang out and share ideas.

Glad you were able to get some immediate use out of a posting. You will find that there will be many other times that happens.

Regards,
    Ted