I got a lot of good responses to my subwoofer thread so I've got more A/V related questions.

Since we moved to this house I've been planning to install some kind of structured wiring system. I'm not planning to use one of those fancy media panels but I want to use a similar concept. So far I've run CAT5e cabling (4 cables, need 2-4 more) to my home office and 2 RG6 cables to there as well while I was at it. There's a few CAT5e cables run to various locations for specific purposes as well. Phone, and antenna wiring are a mish-mash of stuff installed before me. Satellite wiring was installed by DirecTVs installers. I'd like to clean everything up and bring everything back to a dedicated network closest under my basement stairs. I'm hoping to tackle this over the winter.

For phone and network, I plan to run all CAT5e cable and use all RJ45 jacks. That way any jack can be repurposed by just plugging the other end of that run into the Ethernet swtich or a "telephone hub" which is just a patch panel with all the jacks wired in parallel. I'll run at least 2 to each location for phone/network. At the main TV location, I'll run an extra CAT5 in anticipation of some kind of future media device in addition to one for the DVR. For any fixed equipment needing Ethernet, I want to use a wired signal since I plan to move my wireless access points outside my firewall for security.

I'm really confused after reading on various sites on the web what I should do for video. There's pretty much no chance we'll ever get cable so satellite will be it the forseeable future. What I'd really like is to have the analog outputs of my AV receiver go to a modulator to rebroadcast to any other TV in the house. At each of the other TV locations I'd like to be install a satellite receiver, use the antenna, and tune to that rebroadcast signal.

I think at the main TV location I need 2 RG6 for the satellite signals to the DVR (2 tuners), 1 for an antenna signal coming in, and 1 for returning the modulated signal (with antenna) to the wring closet.

I'm not sure how the switch to DTV affects doing that. All the modulators I've found use the analog frequencies. I'm assuming new TV's a year or two from now won't have analog tuners making those modulators pretty useless. Or maybe they will since low power stations will continue to broadcast in analog? There seem to be a wide array of modulators and I'm not sure how to choose one.

I've also seen Multiswitches that allow bringing in the 3 LNBs from the dish plus an antenna (or I assume modulator output?) and redistributing to 8 locations via 1 RG6 cable. I don't understand how you split that signal back apart at the TV. Another option would be to just run 1 RG6 for satellite signal and 1 RG6 for RF signal (output of the modulator) to each location.

I'm not planning to install any fiber or audio wiring at this time. The house is a ranch with a full basement so running future wiring is pretty easy. But I do want to fully install each system as I need them so the telephone, network, and