Thread: Denver CO business trip looking like ALL business

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Denver CO business trip looking like ALL business

Looks like now that two week power session in Denver is going to be all power and little pleasure. I had a wild hair up my **** and called Corporate on the east coast with what I thought was a brilliant idea. Save your air fair and I will drive to Denver on my dime. First question was how many miles is it. My reply--maybe 850 or so. Their reply--Holy ****, now why would you want to drive??? My reply was a little bit of scenery, do my best thinking while on the road, clear my brain, don't want to be without transportation....etc. (No where did I mention I want to take a business trip and turn it into a vacation on the company). I then received the "verbal" non-written unofficial agenda for my trip. If I seriously plan, coordinate, schedule, brainstorm, and fly under the radar, I MIGHT have enough time free to call home twice to check on things. Of course this will require cutting in and sacrificing some of my 6 hrs a night of quality sleeping time....But I did get the great benefits speech of how nice of a 15 passenger van we will have to chauffeur us to and from the hotel & to and from meals, meet us at the airport, etc. Thanks to all for the recommendations of places to see & go, but looks like if I don't get a window seat and fly over it or get bussed by it, I'm going to miss it.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-20-2008 at 8:46 AM. Reason: Removed illusion to profanity. Prohibited by TOS
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey