I'm a newbie here ...and to laser printers but do plan on getting in on the game very soon as I find this technology extremely fascinating and rewarding.
I need some advice though and hopefully someone here can chime in and help me out.
I've been researching the laser printer options out there and really like the EpilogMini, but am also looking seriously at the Pinnacle M-25 system and will most likely choose the M-25 due to it's much larger work area.
Having a lot of experience with computers, I'm a little concerned about the lack of a USB or Network connection to the M-25. All that is offered in this unit is LPT (parallel) and RS-232 (serial) hookup to a PC and the amount of time it could take to send a job to the printer could be overwhelming, especially when doing raster engraving. Among many other engraving tasks, photo engraving is one I would do frequently and I'm worried that the time spent 'waiting' for the job to be sent to the printer might be overwhelming. Not to mention that the lack of USB or Networking raises a flag of caution of 'outdated' technology straight ahead.

Also, the M-25 printer weighs in at 450 lbs. Why does it weigh so much?...compared to similar brands.

Lastly, does anyone here have the M-25, and if so how does it perform for you?

Thanks so much to any and all that can help.