Typical holiday run-around. Ordered something from the Best Buy website last night. Even though I entered my current address, the e-mail receipt specified an old address. I called Customer "Care". After waiting 25 minutes on hold, I was told they couldn't change the address on the order. Not being one to take defeat lightly, I re-ordered the product, making sure it was going to the correct address, then called back customer service again. Wait for 25 minutes again. Customer "Care" says they can't make the cancellation on their system. They suggest that I call an automated number, enter my order number and then I can cancel the order over the phone. I do that, only to get into a loop where the only thing I can do is confirm the order.

I go to bed angry, but resolved the fix the problem.

I call again a little while ago. Spend 40 minutes on the phone. Get someone on the phone who says she can't cancel the order for some reason and suggests I call back again in a few hours. Needless to say, I didn't think that was the right answer.

I told her that I would just call my credit card company and put the charge into dispute.

I used to feel bad sometimes about going into a Best Buy to browse for products and then buy them on the Internet. Not anymore. If this is customer service, this customer is heading elsewhere.

Coincidentally, Best Buy announced great earnings today. Apparently, their profits are now driven by extended warranties and the huge mark-ups they charge on Geek Squad installations and assistance. Buyer beware. No one's interested in serving the customer anymore. All about profit margins....

Thanks for letting me rant.

Jack