Hi Folks,

I am the proud owner of a new Jet JPS-10TS table saw. I have never used a table saw before and need some safety pointers before I start the big project this weekend.

• I did some test cuts on some small pieces while I was checking the setup and could not come up with a comfortable way of clearing the small piece of wood that is held next to the spinning blade by the blade guard after I made my cut. Do I just flick it with a pusher stick?
  • I need to rip a truck load of plywood flooring and thinner ceiling panels from 8 X 4 to 8 X 2. I have two support stands with ball bearings on top to take the cut sheets. What is the best position to hold the 8 X 4 sheet of plywood to feed it in to the table saw? Should I hold the rear corner farthest from the fence so I’m not standing directly in front of the blade and can push the panel against the fence as I feed it in?
  • Does anyone knows of a good source of this type of info that I can lay my eyes on quickly? Or Can i just keep the questions coming here as they occur to me?

Thanks for your time.

Sean