Steven, it's ok to dissagree, but, this was the STORE MANAGER and, I believe, the CEO of HD said, on this site, several months ago, that he was hired to get their problems with customer service corrected! Why wouldn't the MANAGER know how to write up a discount ticket. I work at Woodcraft two days a week, part time and know how to write up a discount, to take care of a customer. My complaint WAS NOT because of the swap. That was the thing to do!

#2. Since he knew that it required his ON SITE appoval, why couldn't he be more customer friendly do the sale at the cash register at the service desk, where he wrote the discount slip and we were standing. When I've had similar discount requests, they are handled right then and there, at the service desk, including Lowe's and Menard's. (BTW I don't like Tony Steward either, but that's not a reason not to do business with Lowe's)

Also, I would not have been so unfriendly, if it had been the first time. However, it has been this way since the day they opened the doors some five years ago.

Bruce