Could we be a little quick to bludgeon these guys? I looked at the samples they had last year in their booth at the ARA International show, and they were pretty impressive. Since I do not do engraving for my livelyhood, I did not understand where the application could apply. But the samples were pretty cool.

I also do not know these fellows who are trying to bring this process to the marketplace. I met them briefly in their booth. They did not appeear to be ax murderers, but I guess I don't know what an ax murderer looks like. They appeared to look a lot like US.

Are they trying to make money? I hope so. I think they are some business guys trying to figure out how to make some money on a neat thing that they either discovered, developed, or stumbled upon. We have heard about this process/ product for a couple/ few years. It seems like last year they were trying to come to an agreement with the laser system manufactures to get some return on their investment from them. Now this year, it sounds like they are trying to make some $$$s by trying to sell it to us. They have a tiger by the tail. They have invested a bunch of time and energy into developing this cool idea. I would also guess that it will have a fairly short shelf life. Once the word gets out that it is a doable process/ product, it won't take long for others to jump on the bandwagon. The more the product gets exposed, and the more money that is involved, the more knock-offs there will be. And these guys might just get left holding the bag. Nothing to show for the efforts except for a bad taste in their mouths from getting beaten up on an internet forum or two (or three).

Let's give them a chance. Let's see what we find out about what they have to offer. Can't hurt any of us if someone comes up with another way for all of us to make some money. Then, if this proves to be some kind of come-on, then we can hang em high