Thread: Pulled the Trigger on a Hybrid - Trouble in Paradise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Pulled the Trigger on a Hybrid - Trouble in Paradise

Alright Craftsman haters. . . get it out of your system. My next shop project was to be a table saw / RT workstation to house my 1950 C-man/Emerson but . . . . The C-man/Orion was on labor-day sale plus Craftsman Club and other 'secret' discounts.

I've been hovering on a step-up saw for about a year and had finally made peace with adapting the 1950's saw body. I figured I'd spend about $300 on materials for the workstation to get what I was after. So, when I could get the 22124 for $700 delivered I took the plunge.

I know that for a few hundred (or so) more I could've gone to another level. So many folks here seem to be happy with their OR35504's (so many names for one machine) and the reviews have been so consistent (with the occasional exception to prove the rule) that I felt OK going this way at this time. Does that sound like I am pathetically trying to justify my actions? Hmmmmmm.

All this is moot as without pics we know it never happened anyway. Delivery is Wednesday; I'll appease the picture police once it arrives.
    For those interested, If I didn't find a good used Unisaw or equivalent, I had narrowed it down to the Orion or the Griz in my 'not to exceed' price range based on watching real people's posts on the other hybrids and their experiences with them. Just my 2 cents worth.

There are several fine saws in this category but the Craftsman seems to have the least of the hybrid evils. And yes, I have been watching for a good used CS. This deal came along and the timing was right. Pics to follow delivery.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-24-2006 at 2:17 PM. Reason: Spelling correction in title.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler