Thread: Holy Camphor Burl Ort Bowl, Batman!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holy Camphor Burl Ort Bowl, Batman!!!!

I have been turning a lot of these ort bowls as there seems to be a good market for them. I have been sparing you from seeing them as I figure one little diminutive ort bowl is not all that much different from another.

I had this little piece of camphor burl that I was saving just in case I thought I could make a box small enough use it. I decided that I did not want to use it that way and turned an ort from it. Wow, what a piece of wood. The figure in this piece of wood is incredible as is the smell. Fragrant stuff.

Anyway this bowl is 1 7/8" tall and 2 5/16" in diameter. The opening got a little large as I had some problems with chip out on the burly part. I decided to combine two photo views as no matter where you look on this piece of wood there is a lot going on. My wife said this one is not for sale....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.