New to Sawmill Creek. Not electrically gifted. My wonderful 1.5 hp lathe was running on 240V single phase plugged into dryer outlet via 10 AWG extension cord successfully for 2 years for our wood baseball bat company. Moved to new outbuilding where nearest 240V outlet is 100 feet away. I have a junction box in new outbuilding with 2 x 120V via conduit running under driveway. Was going to run a 10 AWG 100 foot extension cord to dryer outlet in house until I got an electrician out here but heard voltage drop might create a hazard. Bought a 4750W generator (because always nice to have a generator) as another stop gap and power flows and lathe spins but contacts in lathe flutter and don’t stay closed and generator seems distressed and hops around. I used three wire 10AWG in extension cord with an L14-30 plug for the generator. I have a 120V outlet 6 feet from the lathe. Wondering if a variable frequency drive is in my immediate future. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer!