A few months ago, before my wrist surgery, I completed an ash dining table for our older daughter's apartment to replace a decrepit old eating table-thang that was in need of a good landfill (melamine covered particle board and pretty much unsalvageable) The ash was milled off our old property and it had a small "cat theme" feature on the top in one corner. That detail was, shall we say, understated, because it was the better choice for an eating table. She requested a new coffee table to replace an older mass-market one she's been using for years that was originally in her little "apartment" in our previous home, so I decided to continue the theme...with "more cat". Why? She's a cat person and her cat Harry is one of the things that helps her emotionally. Harry is named Harry for a reason...he's a beautiful black and white tuxedo, three years old, and from birth, he had a little detail on his forehead. Yup, a lightning bolt. Remember Harry Potter? Also a lightning bolt.

At any rate, this is not going to be a build thread because I doubt there is anyone here who struggles with gluing two boards together. The table top is made from one wide board that was cut and rejoined to create the surface. The pocketing for the image was created on the CNC and the image was something I found "out there". (We cannot sell something like this with an image we don't have rights to, just to be clear) The image is resin filled with Total Boat High Performance, dyed black with a hint of sparkly mica added. Finish is again, Rubio Monocoat (but two coats), Natural with about 10% Morning Mist to fill the grain with the grey color like with the dining table. While there was intention to use the same style metal legs as the eating table, the short version was way too narrow for a 460mm/24"+ wide table for stability, so I opted for four black metal legs (with leveling). The "customer" is over the moon happy and I have to admit, this sucker has a kewel look to it.

CatCoffeTableFinished.jpg CatCoffeeTableInSitu.jpgCatShadesClose.jpg