Quote Originally Posted by Monte Milanuk View Post
Interesting question. I follow a Sawstop owner's group on FB, and I swear it seems like every time someone runs their finger into the blade they post a pic saying "Look, see how it saved me!!!". Meanwhile, I'm thinking "WTF were you doing with your fingers that close to the blade in the first place?!?".

The safety feature is great, but it seems like too many use it as a substitute for basic safety / common sense.
I think I'm in the same group. I scratch my head so often from the "activation" posts. Whether it's flesh or the miter gauge in nearly every post I'm thinking some people shouldn't operate machinery. So I'm going to cut a 30 degree miter or whatever. What's it take? 5 seconds to make a dry run with blade off to verify you won't make contact with the gauge? I own a Sawstop PCS. It was a fantastic upgrade from the old Craftsman I used to have. I still pay close attention to where my hands are in relationship to the spinning blade. I don't want to be the one where the technology failed. I despise how Gass tried to strongarm the technology on everyone.