Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
Edward, thank you for the response. I respect your opinion.

I would like to however respond to the highlighted comment. I made it very clear in my first sentence that a good milling process is key. No clamp, however clever, will correct that. I do however disagree that a good milling process is the only variable to a good glue up, particularly when the width and number of panels increases. I did not purchase these to overcome a deficiency in my milling process.

I also agree that excessive clamping pressure is not needed and while these clamps are capable of very high clamping pressures without flexing, it is quite easy to achieve adequate/necessary pressure and no more, just like any other clamp, except all the benefits therein, as already indicated in my original post. Apologies if my review insinuated that killing the lumber with excessive force was necessary.

Cheers
Thanks, for the reply.
And of course, milling isn't the only thing necessary, I didn't mean to imply that but it'll get you most of the way. IMO.
If I were making panels all day long, they would be something to consider, for the time saved over traditional methods. I do think the price is getting towards a pneumatic or hydraulic system though.