I do not make many cabinet doors. I do not make many cabinets either....

I'm the middle of building a liquor cabinet for my whiskey collection. This will go in my kitchen/dinning area, so I wanted it to look nice and match my existing cherry cabinets. I want to put doors with glass panels on this, similar to what you might see on a display cabinet. I was going to use glass shelves too, but decided to just use 3/4" stock or plywood. I am also installing some LED light strips that will be activated by a motion sensor (still sorting through sensor placement).

I'd like the doors to have a slight overlay, maybe 1/2" or thereabouts. The two openings are roughly 44" high, 34" wide. I am planning to use 3 pocket hinges per door. I think I need "partial overlay" hinges?

I'm also planning to build mulligans. I think that's what they are called? Similar to how this guy on YouTube did it, I think (I have never made these either).... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVs62WAcDFs

How wide would you recommend I make the stiles and rails? I'm thinking 3" width to give enough room for the pocket hinge and rabbit for the glass. Is that enough?

I also thought I'd just join the stiles/rails with dominos, seeing how I'm not really building them to accept a floating panel. Or should I use a different technique?

The frame is built from 8/4 cherry, and finished dimensions are 1.5" X 1.5".

20240107_170249.jpg