In a few recent threads related to sliding table saws, I've noted that I have one in my ~16'x22' basement shop, along with a decent amount of other tools. Todd Zucker recently reached out to me asking if I have ever posted pictures of my shop to show how I have managed to fit everything in there. Well, I don't think I have done that, so this thread takes care of that request.

This is the view when you enter the shop "proper". The table saw is the heart of the shop and dominates the space, while the dust collector mounted to the right also takes up some room. Note that the outrigger for the saw is mounted on the wall above the A3-31 jointer / planer. My shop is too small to leave the outrigger mounted all the time, so it only comes down when needed and mounts (and dismounts) very quickly.

IMG_1258.jpg

Turning to the left there are the HVAC units, the water heater, a shop vac with dust deputy, and the (hardly ever used) drum sander. To the right of them is a old tool cabinet that mostly contains accessories for the slider, along with blades and clamps on top. The crosscut fence for the slider is mounted on the wall above the cabinet, and just to the right of that is the outrigger fence. Further to the right are my bandsaws; I haven't used the Grizzly since I bought the larger Harvey model, however I'm keeping it for when (if?) I need to do curve-based work. Also note the dust collection drop; that line comes down from in between the joists and above HVAC lines. It was a pain to install but helps in overall workflow compared to dragging hoses on the floor.

IMG_1260.jpg

Further down is the jointer / planer, router table, and plywood cart tucked in the corner. My Fritz-and-Franz jig is mounted on the wall, along with router accessories and screw storage. The cabinet above the plywood cart used to be in our kitchen and currently holds router accessories and extra screws. You can also see my assembly table in the middle there; that gets moved around as needed.

IMG_1261.jpg

The "back" wall has a French cleat system with various items mounted on it. The cabinets below (barely pictured) used to be in a friend's kitchen and now contain drill accessories, extra sandpaper, sharpening equipment, and various other small tools and accessories. Further down is my drill press and clamps.

IMG_1262.jpg

The "bench" wall also has a French cleat system with mostly hand tools that I use at the bench or assembly table. The bench is against the wall of course, but that's a compromise for having a small shop packed with stuff. To the left of the bench is my sander cart.

IMG_1263.jpg

Turning further right we are behind the table saw, where we have a better view of the DC. Tucked in under the saw is my Festool CT MIDI vacuum along with my Domino storage (barely visible). That DC line dropping down feeds both the back of the saw and the overhead mount (Harvey Shark Guard). It's a very circuitous route from the DC to that drop, but it's the best I could do given my shop layout.

IMG_1264.jpg

Finally back in front of the saw we see my lumber storage and the litter boxes. To the right of that is a shelving rack with some finishing supplies and other household things. Further to the right is a toolbox with mostly non-woodworking-specific tools.

IMG_1265.jpg

Not shown is what is even further to the right of the toolbox / on the other side of the HVAC equipment. Over here is shelving for paint and other household stuff, along with some woodworking-related things (cheap scroll saw, large extensions for my A3-31, hammer drill for making holes in the cement walls), etc. There is also a refrigerator, ladders, and various other small things.

It is tight in the shop, especially when dealing with larger pieces, and the limited ceiling height can also make things cramped. But I've gotten used to it as it's evolved over the years and as a result I'm very comfortable in here. I would love to be able to fit something like the Hammer edge sander in here, but I honestly have no idea how I would make that work. At some point I might build replacement cabinets for the old ones, tailoring the new ones to my needs, but in the meantime I can continue to use the ones I got for free.