Thread: Looking for a Laser Etcher

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for a Laser Etcher

I have discovered this forum about five months ago when I started experimenting with Laser Etching; my goal was to make sure that an artwork that I have created is “laser etchable” on Absolute/India Black granite.

I have reached my goal, and I am satisfied with the results; this forum helped me in my efforts and I thank the contributors. (Attached is the photo of a sample etched on a 12x12 inches Absolute Black tile; the sample includes elements of the artwork, but is not a proper sub-area of the artwork; the size of an element is the actual size and no modification performed)

Unfortunately, that is not the end of my journey, and I need some help to complete the “last mile”: I am looking for a professional to laser etch the artwork on a 36x72x10 inches Absolute/India Black granite.

I have worked with a memorialist, the stone has been purchased and manufactured, but the etcher is still not identified:
    I would greatly appreciate if anybody could recommend a technically skilled etcher, who greatly appreciates art, located in the US

Another question:
    If we define “Optimal LPI” as the LPI beyond what the (etched) lines start to overlap (and cause a loss of details/tonal range), what is the highest LPI that I should expect?
    (I understand that the “Optimal LPI” depends on both the grain/quality of the granite and the laser’s spot size)

Please let me know if you have any questions, and Thank You for your input.

Technical Details:
    The samples are created using a

• Xtool Pro D1 10W laser engraver
    • JP Plus Absolute/India Black granite tiles
    • Dithering Algorithm: Atkinson
    • Power: 40%
    • Speed: 120 mm/s
    • LPI: 250
    • Spot Size: 0.08x0.06 mm
    • Engraving Software: The engraver’s native software (basic, but enough for my Use Case)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harout Kornelian; 10-15-2023 at 3:12 PM.