does anyone know or has done an alternate to a concrete pad for a two post car hoist. At present have a garage floor that is broken up and needs a new pad but reality is the home may be sold to a developer and me moving to a better place.

Friend is selling me a two post hoist and either it goes to storage or wondered about strange as it may sound is there any reason that the posts could not be bolted to two 10 foot or more I beams sunk into the ground? they could be tied together as well. From logic seems if the beams were large enough and long enough there would be no balance issues front to back. Maybe a pad under each of those. I looked at it and there are no wires from side to side on the bottom but its not an assymetrical hoist, my understanding is more weight is to the front then.

I just wondered if there are any alternate ways to the usual six inch thick pad of some PSI concrete way that its done. Have watched some you tubes and seen enough guys cut the pad they have in the post area and repour stronger and better.

I think it will be best to hire to take it down as the friend is dealing with stuff now and dont want to put any more stress on him. Rotary brand 13 years old used in his shop for 3 years then shop was closed so maybe used the odd time for his hobby stuff if at all as he has two of them. 10,000 capacity 12 feet high. Said needs new lines on both Iooked and can see that but if any leaking its minimal like sweating a tiny bit. Hes kept them greased and serviced well even rust proof on the floor where the bolts are so no rust down there.