Thread: Upgraded shop flooring

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Upgraded shop flooring

A few weeks ago I tiled my shop floor with 20x20, 7mm thick garage tiles. I wanted something softer than concrete/epoxy (which I've had before) but could also take the pressure of a heavy tool caster, jack or my UTV. Install was super simple and I just cut them with my bandsaw as needed. This weekend I spent 7 or 8 hours walking around / kneeling while working on a couple CNC projects and "playing around" to prepare for my new dust collector I ordered. The tiles are quite hard but wow did my feet and knees thank me. Cannot believe the massive difference it makes on the body. They absorb just enough impact from walking around without feeling squishy/spongy. In addition the, shop is noticeably quieter due to the floor reflecting less sound and lighting is seemingly a bit brighter. Overall very happy with the look but more importantly the performance.

Got these from garageflooringinc (flex nitro). Total square footage is around 1200.

(a few snapshots - new to posting pictures on this forum so hopefully I got it right)

Last edited by Michael Burnside; 04-09-2023 at 1:07 AM.