Well, the stereo was kicked out of our small living room a few years ago. I have a decent sound system in the shop, so nothing lost there. We have been using Sonos speakers in several locations in the house mostly for convenience. I have a Sonos Connect connected to an amp in the shop I use for streaming which works great but I really miss sitting down with a book or whatever and just listening to good sounding music.

My wife and I were at an antique store a couple of weeks ago and there sat a pair of immaculate "Advent Smaller Loudspeakers". $45 later they were in the car. The cone surrounds were shot and for less than 30 more dollars I ordered and received replacement surrounds. After replacing the surrounds, I hooked them up to my bigger Yamaha amp which could handle the 4 ohm speakers along with a CD player. In a word - they sound AWESOME.

Then I looked at my old turntable that I bought from my brother 40 years ago and decided I needed to upgrade. I seriously considered buying a new turntable but the same brother who is a pretty serious audiophile talked me into looking at used. So, I bought a mid-70's Dual player off the auction site. It was in excellent shape but needed a few things done to it. I am waiting on one more part to make the tonearm return functional along with a modern stylus for the 45 year-old cartridge which I decided to keep. I will be into this player for less than a third the cost of a good new unit and this one is made in Germany.

I also ordered another smaller Yamaha amp that will handle 4 ohm speakers. The bigger amp will go back in the box until I finish the upstairs in the shop along with my big Klipsch speakers the wife doesn't want in the living room.

Got my albums out of storage and trying to round up the rest of them my two sons have "borrowed". Will give them all a good cleaning and new sleeves.

Ordered a TV lift for the living room so I can put the turntable on the cabinet we are using for a TV stand and the TV will reside behind when not in use. I would rather not have a TV at all but that is a battle not worth fighting, so this is a good compromise.

So, now I need to build some speaker stands...