each year the Kale at the east side of the home gets pummeled with Canadian cold and snow. Have approx 5 feet by 30 feet of it. Somehow it seems to bounce back and in Jan im still picking it. Then never fails one rabbit tells his friends and they strip it like Piranhas and leave me only stems. They liter the place with raisins and yellow snow. As Frank said do not eat the yellow snow.

This year ive outsmarted the little fur balls and put up plywood scraps all around, they cant get at it. My 92 year old neighbour says im being mean however I did all the work and there is lots of other green stuff around for them to eat. Radio said stuff we get in the stores on average is 7-10 days old. Not sure about that but no chemicals on mine and you pick it wash it and its alive. Stuff in the store is almost floppy compared.

I have a number of frames approx 40 x 90 that I could cover in a clear woven construction tarp. I could put the tarp on the frames staple it and set them on horses so rest of the winter I could at least keep snow off it and still pick it if it survives. It would still get light and this would keep it warmer.

Anyone have a set up or greenhouse not heated and keep it going through the winter? Im not expecting it to grow but if it can survive there is enough I can keep picking it and it will re sprout from the stems in spring. ive seen it do this in the past where it returns and grows new leaves on the thick stem.