I need to borrow a brain or two to go with mine, late-tired. I have an existing trash unit with blum undermount. Soft close failed @ 4-5 years after install. Replaced with same these failed 1 year in. Guides move fine, just won't finish closing them the last 3/4". used the same mounting screw holes etc... I'm trying to build an new box/insert that will allow me to use side mount guides and I am unsure if I have enough clearance to play with . 1/2 wide gives me 150lb rating, 3/4 clearance gives me 200lb rating, but I don't think I can fit the 3/4 units.

Face frame opening is 15" So to use 1/2 I need to go down to 14 on the outside of the box or 13-1/2 if I use 3/4. Width of the plywood box now is 14-5/8" Looking down on the cut out holes for the trash cans the holes are off center. I have a total of 1-3/8" of plywood from the edge of the hole to the inside face of the plywood box. 1/2 plywood is being used, can't go any thinner.

So to make the outside of the box 14" I need to take 5/8" from the 1-3/8" I have existing. Leaves me 3/4 or 3/8" on either side assuming I can center the holes. I think this is doable. To use 3/4 wide guides I need to go down to 13-1/2 so I need to take 1-1/8 off the 1-3/8 I have and this leaves me 1/4" or 1/8 each side. Makes me nervous to cut it this close.

Have I got my math correct? Opinions? I like to have 200lb rating, but think this is just to wide on the guide.

Thanks.

Brian

trash bin.jpg