Apparently we all get cataracts. Some get them later in life, others earlier. I guess I’m in the earlier camp as mine were diagnosed about 5-6 years ago. At first I didn’t notice a deference in vision but over the last two years I have given more consideration to having the surgery.

But with the surgery comes choices: which lens and what surgery? The surgical choice is a blade or a laser. The lens choice is much broader. There are single focal lenses which correct for either distance clarity or close up clarity and there are the multi focal lenses that correct for both but come with some side effects, like halos around lights at night.

I am hoping others here can share their experience with cataracts, especially anyone who has had multi focal lenses. I have no first hand accounts of that experience. I will admit that I’m terrified to have my eyes operated on but I’m actually more terrified of choosing the wrong lens. I’ve been told that it’s a bad idea to do cataract surgery twice.

Please don’t be shy about sharing your cataract stories and if anyone has one but doesn’t want to share it to the world feel free to DM me. I have about a month to make the final choices for my surgery, I’m scheduled for early Dec for the first eye.

Thanks! Jeff