This video is on how I use a shop bandsaw to make woodturning blanks from log sections. The goal is to end up with useful dry blanks. I cover several methods with an emphasis on safety.

I made this video last year for a Knoxville club remote turning demo. I didn't make it public it since I had good intentions of making some needed updates including some streamlining. I finally gave up on that - have no idea when I would get to it!

This is a much-shortened version of my 4-hour bandsaw class on the same subject. I had to leave out a lot!

BTW, I'm no stranger to video shooting and production but I'm TERRIBLE on the other side of the camera. Towards the end I finally broke down and bought a teleprompter which greatly reduced the number of retakes. I shot this with a 4-camera video setup with digital switching/recording and wireless lavalier microphone. Edited with DaVinci Resolve. This was the first time I used the entire system and the editing software, and under a time deadline, so I can blame any bumps on the learning curve! (Resolve is an incredible editor)

https://youtu.be/4Rbdas-jtD0

Comments appreciated - maybe I'll get around to polishing it some day. I've also had several requests for a short video on sharpening the bandsaw blade.

JKJ