I just moved to a new house where I'm putting together a woodworking shop in the garage. It's a three car garage which has drywall on the ceiling without insulation, open studs on the outside walls and uninsulated steel doors. I know insulating garages has been covered in previous threads and I've read them. But things are always changing and I still have some questions:

- Would it be better for me to install fiberglass bats in the ceiling myself or have someone blow insulation in the ceiling?

- Should I use drywall or OSB to cover the walls after I've installed fiberglass insulation? I used OSB in my previous garage and I really liked it. I was expecting OSB to be much more expensive than drywall these days, but based on what I'm seeing online, it appears drywall is only slightly less expensive. Or am I reading that wrong?

- I'm not impressed with the garage door insulation kits I'm seeing. The insulating panels are puny thin with very low R-ratings. I was thinking 2" think pink foam panels would work well. Looks like those are almost $50.00 for 4'x8' sheets. That would get expensive with one two-car garage door and and other 1-car garage door, but if it works well, maybe it's worthwhile?

I live in the Colorado Springs area where it can get below zero in the winter. Summers aren't really a problem. An insulated garage door would help when the sun is hitting it in the summer, but it's rarely too hot to work outside here.

Thanks!