Thread: I bought an old Unisaw.... now I have to get it home

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The easiest Unisaw move that I've been involved with used a standard pick-up truck and a moving pad, but a thick blanket would work too. We removed the fence and table extensions and put the moving pad in the bed of the truck overhanging the end of the tailgate. We (two of us) then tipped the Unisaw so the overhang of the Unisaw caught on the padded tailgate. Then we lifted/rotated the Unisaw onto the tailgate with the pad under it's table top and the Unisaw upside down. Pulling on the moving pad and pushing the saw got it from the tailgate into the bed of the truck where we secured it from moving. The trip was almost 100 miles and uneventful. The Unisaw was unloaded, again with just the 2 of us, by reversing the procedure, onto a moving dolly and it was wheeled into his shop. No muscle strains, bruises, or aching backs It was easy and uneventful all the way. Getting it off the moving dolly involved just tipping the Unisaw until one foot of the saw touched the floor and then the second. When the weight of the saw was on it's two feet, the dolly was removed, and then we together lowered the high side until the saw was sitting on all 4 feet.

Charley
    Last edited by Charles Lent; 07-10-2022 at 10:42 AM.