Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
That remains to be seen. With no current incentives the market has stalled for new wind turbines. In fact Siemens Gamesa which has a blade plant near me is laying off most of the work force due to the lack of new orders. They aren't the only supplier of course but I'm sure other suppliers are feeling a similar pinch. I don't know if the solar industry is in a similar place or not. I'm not sure if the intent is to force electric rates so high that "clean energy" will stand on it's own without subsidies or not.
According to a company press release "Siemens Gamesa said it faced a patent challenge against features of its onshore wind turbines in 2021 brought by a competitor. “While the International Trade Commission ultimately ruled in favor of Siemens Gamesa, the company was unable to pursue orders during that period. Since then, the U.S. wind market for onshore has slowed in anticipation of new climate legislation and the accompanying renewable energy incentives. Combined with long lead times on wind energy projects, these factors have resulted in a “production gap” in 2022,”