Hi folks!

After years of using an Epilog 45W at our local FabLab I have finally managed to purchase my own machine. that being a Triumph TR-6040 50 Watt Co2. It came with LaserSoft 7.2. Up until now my normal workflow has been Inkscape on my macbook then PDF sent over to the windows machine that connects to the Epilog. Simple and straight-forward. Cutting lines 0.2mm and everything thicker gets Engraved. Now I must adapt to a different flow, but my first hurdle is that LaserSoft does not seem to work with any of my inkscape SVG files. It has SVG in the list of supported file types. It says "No import data!" and then attempts to import with nothing appearing in the end. I can however import DXFs created in InkscapeTAB W95c EQ-500 Series-FrontPanel-03-WaterJetReady-DXF_CUT.dxfFrontPanel-03-WaterJetReady-DXF_CUT changeToSVG.pdf.

Has anyone here had success with importing SVG files into LaserSoft? Just for fun, attached is one small design as both dxf and SVG, in case anyone fancies trying to import it into their LaserSoft. I had to disguise the SVG as a PDF file so please change the extension to .svg before importing. Maybe some of you have different versions which might actually work.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Vinny // Iceland