Hello,

I'm looking to make some custom programs to interface with ezcad 3. I've heard that the SDK isn't free and costs multiple thousands . Anyone have experience with C# or VC6 programming using the API?

I've written a program that tweaks markcfg7 and markparam.lib files and a .txt file linked as variable text in an .ezd file. This approach works for my firm but it's not ideal and feels like a dirty hack , upon researching the way ezcad 3 works it might be whole different ball game having to interface with ezcad to set the height of motorised Z axis rather than manually winding the Z axis up/down.

I'm thinking the alternative might be to write a program that communicates with ezcad via TCP, again, if anyone has any experience or links to sample project source code, videos, anything handy before I start it would be greatly appreciated. There's not a lot of great detail on this on the BJJCZ website, the documentation seems a little incomplete.

Our new fiber laser with automated Z axis arrives in a week or so and i'm gathering whatever i can early before i start experimenting/causing havoc.

Kind regards,

Daniel