Thread: Which Air Filtration is Better??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    David:

Thanks for the theory. I know from experience that when I turn on both the Jet 2000 and Jet 1000B (which are opposite each other in the room to hopefully create circular movement), and if I leave them on for 2 hours or so on high, I get particle counts of small particles of approximately 20, and large particle counts of approximately 1-2. I don't know what a clean room has for particle counts, but this has got to be pretty stellar. Especially since my background particle count is usually about 500 particles here.

So in my case, I'll leave the extra filter on for a few months, then take it off and not use the extra one again. I knew the units worked extremely well. It's just a shame they are so loud. And the original 2" thick filter in the unit needs to be replaced (it's overdue), so that may help some too.

It seems like the number of air exchanges in Fred's Shophack unit would be dramatically lower than my two Jets (or even the single Jet 2000B) with that small fan. But his unit does clear the air much quicker, although my hunch is that his workshop is much smaller in cubic feet.

Fred - how many cubic feet is your shop?
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 06-09-2021 at 5:01 PM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.