During the last week I tripped the brake on my StopStop three times. The first trip when I was cutting a piece of MDF that had been veneered on both sides using regular Titebond. The piece had been out of the press for over 48 hours. I thought that the glue must not have completely cured.

The next trip was three days later. The piece that tipped it was from the same batch of veneer and was out of the press for over five days. I didn't understand how it could have tripped.

The last piece was the next day it it was just a piece of MDF. I was shocked that it tripped the brake and called SawStop support. I was told that this has been happening frequently. The data from the returned cartridges shows that the MDF has tiny metallic strips as filler. The believe that the pandemic has caused the problem, both at the factories using new materials to make MDF along with retail stores having to use different sources to get product to sell. They said that a large cabinet shop had been tripping five cartridges per week and traced the start of the problems to the start of using a new supplier for MDF.

I will be running MDF cuts in bypass mode for a while.