I'm looking around at getting a planer. I realize most recommendations point to the DeWalt DW735X, and for many good reasons. However, being a beginner and not spending a ton of my time doing woodworking, I'm looking to save money where I can.

I ran across the Grizzly G0889 planer, which sounds pretty decent on paper. With 3 blades, it should give a fairly good surface. Maybe not as nice as a dual-speed planer, but it's maybe 25% cheaper than the DeWalt. But, is it worth saving the money? Does anyone have experience with this planer? Anything good/bad to share about it?

The only thing that stood out to me was warranty repair/replacement in one post that I saw. They stated they had to pay to ship the planer back to Grizzly, and to get the replacement they were told to buy a new planer and they'd be reimbursed once the warranty department made a decision on their original. If something goes wrong with the DeWalt, I can just return it to HD, Amazon, wherever, and get a replacement with almost no questions asked. Are there other experiences with Grizzly's warranty?

I'm usually in the buy-once, cry-once camp, so I'd rather spend more money if it's worth the investment.