I have read through other threads here about dados on sliders and specifically the Martin. Last year, I switched from a MM to Martin T60C and the only shortcoming on the Martin is dados, which has been discussed here in the past. I've seen Steve's videos (they helped immensely in my purchasing process) and he walks through dados in detail.

Switching from a standard blade to dados on the saw is a major PITA and I probably won't do it. It seems like it would just be easier to set the rip fence at a specific distance, use it as a stop and take multiple passes. The problem with that now is that the standard cross cut and rip blades don't leave a flat groove. No problem, just get a flat top blade. The other thing I was thinking is that if I get a new blade, why not get it as wide as safely possible to reduce the number of passes. I've looked at Carbide Processors and they have blades that go as wide as .19".

Has anyone seen or used this configuration on a big slider like that before? Any downsides that I may not be thinking of?

Thanks for the help.