I was probably one of thousands of people who tried to order "seconds" during the recent Lee Valley sale and who learned after a confirmed purchase that the item was no longer available. I sent an email to Lee Valley saying that the sale would have been more fun if the items actually existed. I just figured that they hadn't gotten their act together and thought nothing more of it.

Today I received an email from Lee Valley saying:
We appreciate your patience and we would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase the tools that you were unable to order during the seconds sale at the discounted price of the factory seconds. We are currently out of stock of many of these Veritas tools, so there may be a delay before we can deliver them, but we would be happy to place your back order now and ship the tools as soon as they become available. If you would like to accept this offer, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-267-8735.

I can't say enough good things about Lee Valley. In this time of Covid, with multiple scammers around, we seem to have found an honorable man and an honorable company. I will stick with them for my tool purchases.