I find myself at a point where I need to remediate the frame of my 2009 GMC Denali.
A week, or so back I happened to climb underneath it and found out that the receiver hitch was rusted through, and that the hoist that lowers the spare tire would not work.
I replaced the hitch, and cut the spare tire hoist apart to free up the spare, which is now in the bed of the truck awaiting the spare hoist assembly.
I've knocked most of the gross rust scale off with a pneumatic chisel, and wire wheel, from the cab back, and I intend to pull the bed this week, so that I can really get at it.

I've looked a countless you tube videos, on application of undercoatings. It seems that POR 15, Chassis Saver by Magnetic paint, and Eastwood, are the dominant players in the DIY'r game. Fluid film is out there also, but I don't quite understand their product application. Right now I'm leaning towards Eastwood, or Chassis saver, and applying an aluminum oxide coating, followed by a second, black chassis coating, and then a top coat.
My question is, has anyone done their own truck frame,what "system" did you use, and how has it held up?
I do have the tools, car lift, and compressor, (5HP, 60 gallon, 17CFM@90psi.) to do the work, so any tips, tricks, or lessons learned, would be appreciated.
Another question is what type, and grit, media blaster did anyone find worked well.
Thank you
Mike