Hi y'all this is my first post on SMC, and I'm not particularly sure if this is the correct forum to post on, but I guess I'll find out. I have a few questions I'd like to ask you guys.

I plan on making a split top roubo style workbench and have to subsequently get lumber. I found a person selling wood for $1 a bf (I know, crazy cheap). I have a variety of options, it's the same price for everything. They've got White, Red, Black, Pin, Burr, and Kennedy Oak, Hickory, Ash, Hackberry, Black Locust, Osage Orange, and Camphor available. It's been drying for at least 5 years. My question is, what wood/combination of woods would you suggest? I'm currently thinking of using Black Locust and White Oak because Black Locust is extremely stable, dense, and resistant, and you know, White Oak is White Oak. I know I can work with White Oak, because I have before, but I'm not sure about Black Locust because I've read a lot of different opinions on the workability of the wood. Any thoughts or input is heavily appreciated. I do have a thickness planer, hand planes, a table saw, band saw, drill press, and other accoutrement. Don't have a jointer though. If that information helps.

I have a question regarding vise hardware. I'd love to use Benchcrafted Hardware, but have nowhere near the budget to do so. Subsequently I'm thinking about using the Lee Valley vise screw for my leg vise.
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...ail-vise-screw
And the Lee Valley tail vise
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...1136-tail-vise
I'd love any input or opinions about this hardware. I haven't been able to find much about them. There is also what seems to be similar, if not the same, hardware produced by Yost for a cheaper price. Is it worth it buying from Lee Valley, or should I just go for the cheaper Yost?

Is it fine if the outermost lamination on my workbench top is figured? I'm asking because I know the general consensus is to get the straightest lumber you can for a workbench. Also same question goes for the end cap and the leg vise chop. Figure looks nice, and I'd like to know if that is a viable option.

What glue would you suggest? I've read that Titbond 3 is just fine, whilst others have said to go with Titebond extended.

I'm sorry about the long post. Thank you so very much if you read this, or gave your opinion or any input.

Yours- Andrew