Hello to all you fine woodworkers and shop owners,<br>I have been making custom cabinets for 10 years in a 27' x 21' space that my Dad owns in Salisbury MA. The vast majority of the cabinets have been made for Michael Graf Architect + Builder. Michael has purchased a 40' x 100' building in Newmarket NH that was originally a blacksmith shop that had been operating as an autobody shop for the last 60 years or so. He has extensively and beautifully remodeled the building. His Architecture office is in the front of the building and woodworking shop in the rear. I have accepted his invitation to move my humble collection of machinery into his shop where I will continue to make cabinets for his clients.

Its a bittersweet move leaving behind my cozy little shop where I have had the luxury of working out of a building that is in my folks backyard. My mother, who passed away 3 years ago at the age of 92, grew up in this 1740's colonial home. Her uncle Roy built the garage where i stored my bicycle as a child that my Dad turned into a woodworking shop in the early 80's. He was in education but took up woodworking as a hobby and spent all his spare time in the shop building cabinets out of old pine boards that my mom would sell. My Dad is still going strong at 96. He no longer can safely use his machinery but is very active in the kitchen where he "builds" his own meals and baked goods. I will miss seeing him so often and the muffins and brownies he enjoys sharing. I can not however pass the opportunity to work out of a much larger space along side Michael who is a very talented furniture maker himself.

The main shop space is 40' x 34' with a very high, heavily insulated open truss ceiling. The entire building has new concrete floor with radiant heat, new lighting and windows. A big sliding door opens to a 25' x 16' space and an adjacent 25' x 13'.&nbsp; The main space will have a bench for Michael and one for myself and plenty of open space for assembly. Hopefully sooner rather than later a sliding table saw and wide belt sander will reside there. One wall will also have a 1940's Dewalt radial arm saw that belonged to my grandfather if my siblings will allow it. Otherwise a sliding miter saw of some sort will need to be purchased for cutting face frame and door parts to length. The 25x16 space will have one or two cabinet saws, 24" planer and a jointer, shaper and whatever else we can fit in there. Hinge boring machine and bandsaw may have to land in the main space. The 25x13 space has an overhead door to move things in and out. Dust collector, sheet goods and solid stock will reside there.

Thats my introduction. Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will provide a listing of current machines soon. Will have many questions as this moving process gets underway later this month.
Thanks for your time,
Dan