Jebidiah, the first photo in your pix shows an off-center pith in the log, and a wide sapwood band. The off-center pith indicates either a leaning tree, or a log end right below where the tree may have forked. Either way, there are inconsistent stresses in the log in the area of the off entered pith, and the wood will usually warp, twist, etc more than normal.

The wide sapwood band is a concern (typically found in yard trees) because although it shrinks at the same rate, sapwood will dry faster than the heart wood, causing shrinkage stresses to occur along the outside of the boards. This typically leads to very deep end splits in the lumber.

I’m not able to read the log ends where you have applied the colored sealer, but it appears that the pith may be more centered in them, which is good.

If it were me, I would not mill live edge lumber from any of the logs that had a very wide sapwood band (wider than 10% of the overall log diameter. Said differently, on a 20” diameter log, no more than 1” of sapwood on each side). The reason why is that many of the boards tend to split 2 - 3 feet into the board, rendering them almost useless.

My mix of lumber would be 1/3 milled at 4/4, 1/3 at 5/4, and 1/3 at 8/4, but I’d look at each log before making a final determination.

I would not square the cant, but edge *some* but not all of the sapwood from each plank after milling, leaving 3/4 - 1” per side. That will allow you to have some nice bookmatched boards. Also, when the boards are straight line ripped after drying, having a narrow sapwood band along the edge of the boards will allow you to edge off sapwood instead of heart wood.