One of the things that first attracted me to this forum years ago was all the pictures of folks' work. It seems like that's gone from being the primary type of post to being almost scarce. But, I realize that I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting work.

So, here's a piece. It's actually only a work in progress as it hasn't been finish sanded and is still "naked" (no finish). From a silver maple stump on my sister-in-law's property. I found it because I was walking past their firewood pile and saw all this curly figure on the split faces. Crushes me that they split that tree up not knowing what they had. I saved all the split pieces I could find of any size, and there was one chunk near the butt that they hadn't cut up. It was discolored and punky in places by the time I got to it, but there were some salvageable pieces left.

About 7" long dimension, walls maybe 3/16". This was a pretty big tree so even being NE the rim height is pretty even. The curl is surprisingly prominent given that it is still unfinished. Apologies for the photography. I really appreciate the superb quality that many folks have in photographing their work, but I hope that standard doesn't discourage folks that do photography with their phone and ambient light (like me).

With all the tools we apparently have, there must be some stuff getting made. Show us yours!

Best,

Dave

Capture.JPG