Thread: Bold Boulder Thieves!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bold Boulder Thieves!!!

Kind of a long story. It rained two inches yesterday. Across one of the state roads on both sides of our place there is some construction work going on. Those guys didn't work today, because the ground was too wet from all the rain.

There is another state road that goes down the middle of our place. Off that middle road is a path to an abandoned rock quarry. The path in to the rock quarry is a bit less than a quarter mile. The quarry hole has 8 tenths of an acre of water in it, and several acres of all sizes of Granite around it, and beside the path when you get close to the quarry.

Someone "borrowed" a dump truck, and rubber tracked skid steer loader from the construction site, and went into the quarry path, tearing the red dirt path all to pieces. They did obviously take some fairly large bolders, knocking down trees in the process.

On their way out, they made a wrong turn onto some of our trails, and got the truck stuck up to the axle. They went back to the construction site, and "borrowed" a 320 class excavator, driving it across the state road, knocking down some trees, got it onto our trails, and walked it about a half mile to pull the dump truck out. All this I figured out by the tracks left, and holes where the truck got stuck. They walked the big excavator back, and parked it where it was, but it left two thick, muddy tracks across the road.

I knew the equipment owner, and called him. I knew he hadn't done it. He said they didn't even work today. People don't take keys out of stuff around here, but maybe they'll start.

So, we're missing some big rocks, that I would have given anyone if they asked, and they won't be missed a bit, but I'm pretty pissed about the path, and trails being torn up so badly by someone who knows how to operate equipment, but was too stupid to realize that after two inches of rain, the ground would be too soft to put any piece of equipment on.

A deputy did come out, and made a report, but who knows if anything will come of it.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 05-01-2020 at 8:31 PM.